The mother of three, who turned 42 last week, is unlikely to return to her public duties until after Easter, which falls on March 31 this year. This decision is “based on the current medical advice,” the palace said.
Speaking with NBC News, a palace source said William has postponed his engagements and will be by Kate’s side as she recovers.
“He will not undertake official duties while his wife is in hospital, and during the immediate period following her return home,” the source said.
Only significant new information on her progress will be released going forward, the palace added.
News of Kate’s surgery came only hours before it was also announced that King Charles III would undergo a “corrective procedure” next week for an enlarged prostate. The 75-year-old monarch’s condition is benign, Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
This post originally appeared on HuffPost.